Everyone has those last few bananas in the bowl that start to go a bit brown and squishy....time to put them to good use and bake them into a delicious loaf!
This healthy recipe has no added sugar, gluten free flour,natural sweetness from honey or maple syrup and coconut oil instead of butter
Heres what you need:
28g/ 1oz melted coconut oil
43g/ 1.5oz honey or maple syrup
2 1/2 mashed ripe bananas
21g / .75oz almond milk
1 teaspoon baking SODA (not powder)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (more to sprinkle on top)
160g gluten free flour
2 handfuls of walnuts
1) Preheat oven to 165 degrees C and grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan
2) In a large bowl, beat the coconut oil and maple syrup/honey together with a whisk. Add the eggs and beat well, then whisk in the mashed banana and almond milk. (if the coconut oil solidifies on contact with the cold ingredients, simply let the bowl rest in a warm place for a few minutes or 10 seconds in the microwave.
3) Add the baking soda, vanilla, salt and cinnamon and blend. Lastly, switch to a big spoon and stir in the flour, just until combined (some lumps at this point are ok! Add in the walnuts.
4) Pour the batter into your greased loaf tin and sprinkle over lightly the cinnamon.
5) Bake in the oven for 55-60 minutes or until the end of a tablespoon inserted into the centre comes out clean.
6) Once out of the oven, leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool for another 20 minutes before slicing
7) Store refrigerated for up to three days!